Thursday, April 19, 2012

Some More Challenges - Oh So Fun!

I had more play time!! I love that. :)

I joined in Case Study 87 and used the sketch from Pals Paper Arts 133:




















I was totally inspired by the glittered heart,and this sketch was perfect for my card~ I think this one will be my son's graduation card! He is a star [in my mind]!  And the fact that 3 (!) of his friends WON'T be graduating (oh yeah, they are seniors) I am thrilled he has gotten straight A's since 7th grade and will be walking down that aisle!! (Not to proud here :))





This next card is for Joan's Garden #15 -- lots of self made flowers (with the potential of being a Guest Designer in her blog hop next month) with the sketch from Deconstructed Sketch 48.



The interesting thing about this card? Well, it was made, [with the exception of the card base,] entirely from my scrap pile! I challenged myself to see if I could do it and luckily I had enough "scraps" to put this card together! Not necessarily my favorite color scheme, but it feels kinda good to get out of the rut sometimes!  and seriously, ALL OF THIS was scraps!  I am kinda thrilled with this end result! :)

Okay, off to eat dinner!  Thanks for stopping by~


21 comments:

DawnTidd said...

Love the Glimmer Star, great focal point for the PALS Challenge. Your son should love it! Your "Scrap" card is great too! You've been busy! Thanks for joining us at the PALS.

Marisa said...

Great work with both sketches, Vicki! Great color combo on the first and loving the medallion flowers on the second.

Michelle said...

Love, love, LOVE the graduation card! Straight A's since Grade 7? You should be proud, and so should he! Wow!

Mynnette said...

Vicki, these are awesome! LOVE that glittery star--and the scrap card is awesome! I try to use scraps, but they seem never ending, you know?! :)

Catherine said...

Gorgeous set of cards.....

Joan Fricker said...

Vicki, very pretty! I love your color combination.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Peggy said...

Awesome cards! My favorite is the one with the rosettes!

Ardyth said...

Came from CASE to see your beautiful card - love the little extra stamping on the bottom right. Your other card is gorgeous too!

Jennifer Shults said...

Oh my, you are a busy busy lady! I love all your cards today but I have to say that those rosettes on your DS card get me every time! Gorgeous!

Teresa Kline said...

hey Vicki, hope you are well.....your cards are awesome, luv the styles...thanks for joining us at CASE Study, have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

veronica said...

love your star card. very cool!

Maureen said...

what a super fun card!! Perfect for your son's graduation :) Congrats! Mine is graduating too this May from university :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Elise said...

Ooooow! Oooooow! Ooooowww! And OOOOWWWW! These are FANTASTIC! Love the juicy layers of paper craft fabulosity you have MADE here! Yummy!

Debby said...

Hey Vicki! Wonderful cards as per your usual and thanks for making CASE study one of your challenges :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such a fun card, Vicki! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Jean Martin said...

These are gorgeous Vicki! The colors are so vibrant they just pop out of the card! Wonderful, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome cards, Vicki! Congrats to your son, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are terrific! And you should be proud - how wonderful :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Lovely card and take on the sketch! I too love it when you can make a pretty card from just scraps. I think the colors are gorgeous too. TFS.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your Pals Paper Arts win, Vicki!

Mary Fish said...

you were a pals paper arts choice this week for good reason! love the clean design and bold graphics for the sketch. congrats! hugs, mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...