Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Papertrey Monday - Distressed Edges

I made this for the Papertrey Make it Monday #5 Challenge.  This week was distressed edges.  I did a watercolor technique called "walk & wiggle" - oh it is so easy, and really fun!  I don't do watercoloring very often, but I might start!  I really like the effect.   Here is a close up of the distressing.  I use a butter knife to distress my cards [Why buy a tool? Just takes up more space]
 and I used PTI Framed and Turning a New Leaf stamp sets.
Thanks for stopping by~ 




9 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely use of this gorgeous leaf image! Love the card!

Patti P. said...

Vicki, loving this and thanks for the great tutorial tip...looks like a lot of fun. I love PTI...just don't have any yet, but maybe soon. This is so pretty with the image.

Becky said...

What a cool technique! Great job!

Kara said...

cool technique...can't wait to try it!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Wow, I am going to have to learn about this technique! I'm not familiar with it, but love the effect it gave on your card. Beautiful! And way to use that butter knife, lol! Gorgeous card, congrats on your shout-out! :)

Francie G. said...

Fabulous tech! Beautiful, Vicki!

Trees said...

Gorgeous Card, I love how the leaves turned out, they are stunning!

Kelly S. said...

You go with the tweets, Vicki!!! What a fun technique...thanks so much for sharing the link. Your card is PERFECT for it! Great job!

Shobana said...

Gorgeous card and effect!! :) Tks so much for the link!