Sunday, January 30, 2011

Featured Stamper- Sue




Sue has the most amazing gallery - just filled with CAS cards! I was in heaven going through her gallery. On my first card I used GKD Hopeful Hearts. I really like the off center look of an image -- I just always forget to do it! I used Mark's Finest Papers White Storm 100# paper as my cards base~ WOW I have to say that is some awesome heavy paper! The images stamp really nice and even on it also!


On this 2nd card - I had to make 2, I just loved her gallery! - I used MFP stamps Floral Tea. 
I made a chipboard mask with a circle (again, I will keep this for future uses) and sponged Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe (for depth) within the mask.  I also sponged the teapot using Memento New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivory, and coloring my flower with copics red.

I am also uploading these 2 cards over at the Outlawz for the CAS Sunday challenge - this week is anything goes.






Here is a photo of the masks I made over the last 2 days.  Because they are made out of chipboard, they will last a long time!  Just another fabulous (cheap) tool for this fun hobby!   

I have a question for you all. how do you like the colored background do you think it makes the cards pop, or is it distracting to look at?

Hope you all are having a fun Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by~~



11 comments:

Marisa said...

Two great CAS cards, Vicki. Great idea for the masks too :) I don't mind the BGs at all.

Newbie said...

I very much like BOTH cards! Thanks for the mask idea!!! As for the BG, I like the idea!!

Julie said...

Oh Vicki - these are GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE CAS cards and these are fabulous! Love the red ribbon and sentiment on the first card! Love the teapot popped on the yellow circle on the second card! Beautiful!!!

Janeen said...

I DO really like the colors in the bg Vicki. I didn't realize that's what you did but I was aware something was different! I think it adds a lot.

Lisa Lara said...

Grat idea vicki...the chipboard masks. I love these cards. You did great.

Echo said...

Backgrounds look great. Not distracting, at least not to me. I really like the look!

Betty Wright said...

I love both designs! Great looks and fabulous cases, Vicki. I really like the idea of cut out the mask with chipboard....aka cardboard. I may give this a try.

I lol at your question about background colors. I did not realize so many people had background colors until I got my new computer. Before, I mostly saw only the center. It looks okay to me.

Frieda said...

Hi Vicki !

Die Karten sind einfach wunderschön !
Besonders die erste mag ich sehr.

Bitte,bitte, ich möchte auch sooo gerne in Sues CaS Galerie schauen, kannst Du mir den Link bekanntgeben ?

Bitte, bitte... :-))

lg Frieda

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great CASE, I love how you used the hearts in place of the flowers, looks wonderfully cheerful!

Trina said...

I like the masks and will be borrowing this idea! :D

Nan G said...

Love your masking and using 'spots' of color. I too will be making my own masks now! Thank you for the inspiration!