Saturday, June 12, 2010

Speedy the Cat's Blog Challenge #7

This is for Speedy the Cat's Blog Challenge - make your own designer paper.  I used the MFP set Chicken Scratch for my background and colored it in with copics.  My carnation is from Ladybugs & Carnations again, colored with copics, and the sentiment is from Pears & Hollyhock.  All papers used are also from MFP.  I sure hope you come on over and play with Speedy's Friends.  For every 40 entries we get, we pick another random winner - the prize?  AN ENTIRE Mark's Finest Papers STAMP SET!  We had 2 winners from last week! (click over to see who won) How fun is that!
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Peggy said...

Awesome idea for a background and love the colors you chose. Very striking and pretty card!

Claudine Poch said...

How clever to use the chicken wire with the flower. Very nice. That looks like a lot of work to color in all the chicken wire. :)

Julia Aston said...

who would think that chicken wire would look good with a beautiful rose!!?! but it sure does on this gorgeous card Vicki! love the bright colors you have achieved here!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic!!!! Love the image you used too and the sentiment!

jovialjudi said...

So pretty gf! I love the colors and you know I would love this flower! I also love the new clean look to your blog. Been thinking of revamping my own! Hugs, Judi

Wordbird said...

You are brilliant...I never would have thought of this! It makes really pretty background paper.
Gorgeous card! ;D Diana Q

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Striking and fabulously done, Vicki! Lovely card!

Liz Williams said...

WOW, Vicki, I love this idea!! That rooster set is on my next order to MFP. I am going to have to remember this great way to use the chickenwire stamp.

Joanne Travis said...

The chicken wire is so awesome!! Love it colored in the turquoise and green, such a perfect backdrop for the gorgeous flower.

dawnmercedes said...

what an awesome background!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the colors in your BG paper...your vivid flower is gorgeous and really pops!

Edna Morrisedie said...

That is one gorgeous flower, you did great with all the colour and the BG is fabbo!

Mary Marsh said...

your bg paper is gorgeous-creative idea-love the flower image as well-you have colored everything so beautifully-hope to be able to play in this challenge

Carol L said...

Wow Vicki, this background paper is GORGEOUS! I love how you left some with a white background and colored the main panel! Beautifully done!!