Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stampin B's #57 - Botanical/ Anything that grows


This is my sample for the Stampin B's challenge this week.  Jeanne's challenge was botanical - anything green, growing things or flowers.  While organizing my closet the other day, I found this set from Stampin Up Flower of Gratitude ~ STILL UNMOUNTED.  What is so awful is I have had this set for about 4 years when my girlfriend sold me her inventory because she stepped down as a demo and COMPLETELY stopped stamping (I so can't imagine doing that!)  I think (if I remember correctly) I ended up with 85 SETS of stamps + all her other stuff too (yeah - it was like Christmas for at least a week as I organized THAT purchase - lol)  Anyway, I have been admiring the newest SU set that is being used right now by demos as a sneak peek that this set reminds me of.  Needless to say, I am NOT buying stamps [at this time]  so I was glad to be able to use this one.  I colored the flowers with copics and used the technique Karen over at SCS does by dotting the flowers with white gel pen. I love the look of the tiny dots as it makes the flower pop.
Gosh - sorry about the wordy post - geez you can get carried away on a blog - LOL.  I sure hope you pop on over and play with the Stampin B's - we love to see your entries!  Go ahead and tell them Vicki sent you~~  See ya later chickies...
 P.S.  As far as my closet organizing - well, I did buy shelving but I had so much stuff in the closet I ended up just organizing the CLOSET - I got NOTHING out of my stamp room into the closet.  I was very disappointed in that -but on the other hand, my closet looks better.  Here is the end result - really, not as impressive as I thought it was going to be... LOL



















My cat wasn't very impressed either - he liked to go hang out in the closet - not so much now.  You can see his disappointment.
 Thanks again for stopping by..

13 comments:

Peggy said...

Your card is beautiful! Love that ribbon with the flowers!
Your cat is too funny!

craftieodmae said...

Yep you can see how excited he is LOL. Your card is beautiful! I love re-discovering stamps I have and forgot about. It's like getting a new set!!! You were very lucky with your BIG purchase!

Claudine Poch said...

Great card, but I would say the picture of your cat is the best part! :0

Bonnie Klass said...

Hi Vicki, I had that set and sold it when I was cleaning out for a move. I had never used it. Kind of wish I'd kept it now after seeing your card. Hopefully the purchaser is enjoying the set. Sweet kitty.

Cathleen said...

Your card is just beautiful Vicki, love the flowers and that ribbon is gorgeous!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I laughed out loud at your cat! that's so funny! Sorry you didn't get the space you were hoping for!! On the other hand, your card is gorgeous! I love the four panels, and that ribbon is perfect! Way to go!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty of a botanical card....such bright, happy colors, too....fab ribbon

and...your cat will find a new place to vegetate.....your closet looks very useful and organized

Joanne Travis said...

I am sorry you ruined poor kitty's hangout but your organized closet looks awesome!
Love your card with all of the lilac flowers and that variegated ribbon is fabulous!!

Patti P. said...

A beautiful card Vicki, I am glad you got a little more organized...
I love your cat. We have 3 and at least two of mine love to lay on the day bed in my stamping room while I work.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card vicki-will have to check out the challenge-I have never found a stamp set like you did but plenty of "must have" embellishments that I didnt even remember buying(lol)

Bonnie McLain said...

I love the look to your 'new' blog... I see you were able to get the connection up... I hope my directions helped you.. Also I don't know what is in the air.. I also cleaned today... for other reasons... but I cleaned out three huge plastic bags from the studio... I still can't believe it.. but I have one more bad area that needs to be cleaned up... then it will be good to go...

This card is pretty... I love the colors you have used... happen to be two of my fav...

Your cat is so very cute.. I miss mine so very much.. the coyotes got her 8 years ago.. and I still miss her so very much... yours look sweet.. Thanks for sharing..

Marisa said...

Holy moly, 85 sets!! You lucky lady you :D Love the picture of your kitty LOL! It's amazing how they let their feelings be knows. Great card too.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fab job on the botanicals challenge, love the result, thanks for the look inside your cupboard too, always like a peek or two at other's co-ordination... cute cat!