Saturday, May 29, 2010

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #5

For our Saturday challenge, I challenge you to make a Silhouette card.  I used the MFP stamp images "Tropical Vacation".  I love the way you can stamp the palm trees sideways for a completely different effect.  I double stamped the birds - but I don't think it worked but, I was to far gone to re-make the card, plus DH once again, said it looked good.  [I trust him] All papers, ribbons and stamps can be found at MFP.  If you haven't checked out the store, I highly recommend it~  It's like 1 stop shopping - ribbon, ink, paper, die cuts, coloring tools - pencils, pens, I could go on and on, but hey I am trying to get you to play in this Speedy's Friends week's challenge! lol I was so happy we had 40 (!) players last week- that to me is awesome!!  Come on over and check us out - there's even a prize to a random winner~~  Thanks for stopping by -

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I'll agree with DH, it's a beauty!

Liz Williams said...

Beautiful shading and love the way you stamped the palms as a frame around the edges. Great card.

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I like the birds too! It gives the viewer a sense of movement!

Claudine Poch said...

You do such a good job with this set. I really struggle with it. Maybe it's because I'm from the Midwest where we have no palm trees or tropical paradise.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful silouette card, Vicki! Especially love the blues and greens together!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Wonderful shading! Love the way you stamped the trees!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful silhouette card vicki-I have an idea so I hope I get to play on Monday -I always get my hubby's opinion too-like you I trust his judgement
have a great holiday week-end

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love how you used the trees, very cool!! The birds look great as well, fantastic example of an out of the box silhouette card, love it!

Julia Aston said...

What a great summer sky with the birds flying - the double stamping did work - they look great!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs and smiles

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Vicki! Great colors and scene design! LOVE the gingham detailing! Great card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fabulous bg colors, and those palm trees as silhouettes are wonderful!!

Carol L said...

Your DH knows what he's talking about! The double stamped birds look like they're in flight! Great challenge, great card! TFS!