Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gina K Thank You Past Challenge Hosts Blog Hop



A HUGE thank you goes to the past challenge hosts {Shannon, Carolina, Jennie & Selma} over at STV.  They have spent the last 3 months leading us, challenging us and having fun with us in the daily challenges.  What an awesome job these ladies did!  I have made 2 cards tonight 1 for my favorite challenge the sketch by Jennie!  If you follow my blog, you will see that usually every week I joined in with Jennie's challenge mainly because I like sketches, but mostly because I love Jennie's sketches!  I chose her #4 sketch to re-use.


 

I made this card with GKD White Luxury, Lipstick Red and Passionate Pink cardstock. (Romance Assortment).  The sentiment is from the wonderful GKD Inside and Out stamp set.  I used nesties for my star and a star cuttlebug folder.  It's a basic card, but I love the cleanness and focus on the terrific sentiment.



This second card is from my other favorite challenge-  Blast From The Past.  I created another Crayon Resist card.  I absolutely adore the effect of a white crayon and sponged ink!  I used the fabulous GKD Take Flight stamp set.  Is this butterfly gorgeous or what! The background leaves are from  Theresa Momber's  Hang In There. The sketch is from my sketch challenge [today] over at STV. Card supplies include, GKD Black Onyx, White Luxury, All Spruced Up (and really rust, ribbon and gems).  The nestied oval is sponged with summer sun and really rust - leaves are stamped with versamark.  A couple strips of ribbon and a few gems and this puppy is done!!
Thanks for hopping with us New Hosts in thanks to the previous Hosts!  Like I said they did a terrific job~~ and, they worked out all the kinks for the second wave of hosts!! US!! Thanks Ladies - you all ROCK!!

15 comments:

Carolyn King said...

awesome cards. love that star embossing and the great colors of the butterfly!

Tina said...

Beautiful Vicki!!!!

Patti J said...

What beauties these are! Wowzers, Vicki!!! Great job! Thank you for doing such a nice thing for these gals - they are so deserving!

Jennie said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! Love them both so much...the one with Selma's blast from the Past Crayon Resist just pops and love that you used this week's sketch. I adore the pink monochromatic one with one of my sketches, you just create the most beautiful cards! I am beyond thrilled that you were chosen to host the sketches, you have such fabulous designs and I know I look forward to doing these each week! Thanks for taking part in this sweet send off.... YOU ROCK! {{HUGS my coffee friend}}

Theresa Momber said...

Vicki, everything you do is amazing! These are gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Beau-ti-mous!!!! They are both so lovely Vicki!

NinaB said...

I love these, Vicki. That butterfly is just stunning.

A Consuming Passion said...

These are both great cards Vicki......your butterfly is amazing!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki! That butterfly is gorgeous!

joy said...

Great coloring on the butterfly. Love your cards!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful cards! Love the colors you picked for your butterfly card!

Selma said...

Wow Vicki your cards are always beautiful but that crayon resist card is so fabulous. Your butterfly is gorgeous. Congratulations on your new role as sketch hostess. I know you will do a fabulous job and look forward to participating. Thank you for participating in is special blog hop.

Payne Holler Cards said...

stunning cards! love that crayon resist!!! (hope you're having a blast on trip!!)

Carolina said...

What a beautiful cards...Jennie and Selma will love it!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to be part of this hop! Looking forward to your challenges!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net